This is a Blog for my technical writing, thoughts, knowledge which I’m getting/learning from others about MySQL, MariaDB, Percona,Linux, Perl, Shell and related Tools. Feel free to link to anything here and don’t leave Spam comments please. Here is my experience details.
- Highly motivated MySQL Certified Professional with 10+ years of extensive experience in designing, building and managing large scale high performance MySQL database systems on Linux.
- Experience of Database Administration, design, development, maintenance and production support of relational databases, business applications, new server setup, MySQL Server installation, upgrade, migration.
- Expertise in performance tuning which includes Server tuning, Schema optimization, Query optimization and Tuning MySQL config file based on application needs and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities.
- Experience in designing and implementing High Availability solutions like MySQL Replication, Percona XtraDB Cluster (Galera based), MHA and Load Balancing based on VIP+HB
- Expertise in database migration from MyISAM to Innodb storage engine to increase performance and betterment of integrity constraints. Also in developing stored procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Joins, Views on MySQL databases.
- Design and implement backup solutions. Familiar with all backup solutions available in the market (Xtrabackup, MyDumper, MySQL Enterprise backup, mysqldump and LVM snapshot backup)
Worked on many monitoring and graphing tools – Nagios, monyog, cacti and Grafana.
- Experience in benchmarking the MySQL and Percona servers for various performance testing and automating jobs through shell/python scripting.
- Experience with DevOps environments using configuration management systems such as Puppet.
Technical Skills :
Operating Systems : Debian, CentOS/RedHat/Fedora,FreeBSD,Windows
Databases : MySQL, MariaDB, Percona Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle
High Availability: Heartbeat, MySQL replication, MHA, Galera cluster, Maxscale
Development : Shell, Perl, Python
Virtualization : VMWare, KVM, VirtualBox
Trainings : Agile Methodology, ITIL V3 Foundation
Tools : Nagios, Cacti, MySQL Workbench, Toad, Sphinx, Percona Toolkit, PHPMyAdmin, MONyog, DBDesigner4, Grafana
Others : Git, Gerrit, Puppet
Education & Certification :
- B.Sc (Computer Application) : 1998-2001
- PGDCA (Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Application) : 2002-2003
- OCP 9i DBA : Oracle 9i Certified Professional
- SCMDBA : Sun certified MySQL 5.0 Database Administrator
- OCPMD : Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.0 Developer